Friday, June 27, 2008

Construction

Status: Planned
Deadline: ???
Time: ? - ?
Page Updated: 27 June 2008


Now, worst comes to worst, I knew that by creating a giant robot I'd be commissioned to help create another one after the last three. My brother continually helps me out when I make my costumes, and we got talking about ones for him. I knew that this might just be a long-winded project, but Scott has always wanted to do a Master Chief costume. Master Chief, coming from the Xbox game HALO, is the main protagonist of the HALO universe and is a very widely-recognizable character. Being a very rounded character, I wanted to go with Wonderflex, but Scott, who was paying for the whole project, didn't want to spend that much money on it, so we've decided to make the start with foam insulation and fiberglass.

When this thing comes down to complicated shapes, I think this one takes the cake. I've never made a costume with curved pieces all over his body, so I have yet to figure out exactly how I'm going to do this with foam and fiberglass, but I am willing to try and give it a shot. Stacking them up and making them much like Jack Doud's J-Pak is going to take some time, but Scott didn't want to spend close to $1,000 on this costume, so we're going with a cheaper way of doing it, at least for now. If Scott decides that this is NOT the way to go, when we will then work with Wonderflex.

Since the Master Chief costume is still in the planning stages, I will be putting this current space on hold for when I need it later.